The mainstays of the garment printing industry are still screen and digital printing, particularly with the development of hybrid printing systems that bring the best of both worlds together. However, since its debut in 2020, direct-to-film (DTF) printing has begun to change the game.
Most notably, detractors would even venture to claim that digital printing is nearing its end. Some even assert that DTF printing will revolutionize the industry of garment printing as a whole. Although we disagree with these opinions, we do concur that DTF printing will eventually significantly alter the game.
Let’s begin right away.
What exactly is direct-to-film printing?
A design is transferred directly onto a garment or other substrates using the DTF printing process. To transfer a design, print it on a unique transfer film, and then press it with heat onto the surface you want the design to be on.
DTF’s ability to function on a variety of substrates, including polyester, cotton, metal, and even ceramic, is a key factor in its success. Do you want to decorate cups as well as shirts? That is possible with DTF prints!
- No one disputes that DTG technology has revolutionized the textile industry, but time has taught us that we need to be adaptable and constantly get better. DTF Printing’s at-home T-Shirt solution revolutionizes the industry.
- It offers a more advanced substitute for the dated techniques of DTG printing, screen printing, or sublimation.
- Direct To Film, also known as DTF, offers printing services that allow anyone to decorate dark and light t-shirts on cotton, polyester, all types of blends, leather, nylon, and more without the need for expensive equipment.
- There is no denying that DTF printing is revolutionizing the market thanks to advances in DTF technology. In comparison to conventional printing techniques, it is quickly rising to the top of the list of popular textile printing technologies.
How DTF printing operates.
Printing transfers that are heat pressed to a variety of garments is how Direct Transfer Film operates. Contrary to DTG technology, which only functions on cotton fabrics, there are numerous fabrics that are compatible. As a result, this printer can operate on a much wider variety of substrates, making it the most versatile digital printer on the market.
DTF printers are compatible with both white and dark clothing. DTF printers are preferred over DTG technology because they are less expensive and require no pre-treatment. To print transfer film, you will need DTF powder, DTF sheets, and of course, DTF Ink for professional-looking results.
Many benefits and still counting
- Additionally, DTF printers feature high productivity, unmatched quality, and dependability. They are capable of handling high production volumes, which is crucial in this quickly expanding sector.
- DTF printing also has the advantage of being much more environmentally friendly than traditional printing. There is no denying that sustainability is becoming a bigger priority in the fashion industry.
- With a few straightforward modifications to their existing printers, the process liberates creators and craftspeople and is simpler to start using than Direct to Garment (DTG) printing. After that, the simple four-step procedure produces T-shirts that are more easily machine-washable and have a softer feel than regular vinyl. Welcome to the revolution of t-shirt art.